Like this? Check out my other blog...
http://librarycattech.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing 14

I have enjoyed other people's tags on Amazon for a while. Like I said, I check reviews and comments on almost everything before I buy it... so tags are not new to me.

On the other hand, the tools we explored for the 23 things - Delicious and Technorati are new to me. The ways that tags are used to help people file and locate information are used in ways I had not thought of before. I know that the tag searches could really help with research with a small time investment up front, you could make your students' search experience go more smoothly.

I thought that it was funny that the honchos at Technorati said that the top 100 bloggers are probably the top 100 weirdos that never walk away from their computers... Seems like if they really felt that way, they would figure out a better system of locating the top 100. I scanned through the top 25 or so - didn't really see anything I couldn't live without reading.

To me, Technorati seems more difficult to use than Delicious. I found the tags to be more searchable and more useful on Delicious. I tried some related to things like homesteading and country living. Not much on Technorati - wrong crowd I guess. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment