Like this? Check out my other blog...
http://librarycattech.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 5, 2010

More Thing 15...

"No profession can survive if it throws its core principles and values overboard in response to every shift in the zeitgeist. However, it can be equally disastrous when a profession fails to acknowledge and adapt to radical, fundamental change in the marketplace it serves. "
-Rick Anderson, Away from the “icebergs”

Even though I'm sure most of you read this article along with the others, I thought that this comment was really profound. Of course, librarians are not going to abandon the core principals of locating, catagorizing, and sharing knowledge. Of course librarians are still going to be at the leading edges of what is next - we have access to the information and the drive and desire to learn so that we CAN share.

On the other hand, any group can miss the boat on what is next. It will take hard work, collaboration, awesome and supportive administrators, and forward thinking librarians to keep up in our 2.0 world that changes every day!

Oooohhhh... thats cool! What is that? How do I use it? SWEET!!!! Who can I show this to?
Hey... I've got something I think your students would LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment