Like this? Check out my other blog...
http://librarycattech.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing 13

These bookmarking sites are pretty cool. I found a lot of information linked to the tag ALA while I was at Del.icio.us. (I also found a lot of interesting things linked to the tag Twilight.)

I can imagine these types of sites being very useful for my students when we are doing research on controversial topics for our panel discussions. Not only did the information I found all seem very relevant, the additional tags might give students more ideas for widening their searches and thinking outside of the box for their topics.

For instance searching for tagged items with marijuana came back with ideas like - politics, history, health, law, activism, and so forth. Most of my students would never get beyond the obvious - but this site would make it easier to go more in depth with the topic.

1 comment:

  1. I have actually created a delicious account purely for my students' research, especially history topics. It is some work ahead of time, but it will make researching the same topic next time much easier. I encourage you to try setting one up for your students as well!

    ReplyDelete