Like this? Check out my other blog...
http://librarycattech.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thing 7

Well.. I am not fond of Google to begin with. I do not normally use it.

I found Google Scholar to be a useful tool. I think that students using Google Scholar would find more useful links and information than they would using just a "regular" search engine. I noticed that there were not any advertisements in the search results.

I did not want to sign up for or download anything I do not plan to use, so I did the iGoogle, because you did not have to do either of those things to use it properly.

I was not terribly impressed with it. The hamster was cool, but I did not find anything in their preset list of topics that I was actually interested in... I finally selected technology just to have content on my site.

Anyway, my conclusion is that I will probably not use Google any more than I did before.

I would really prefer my students use the databases in the library. I might suggest that they use Google Scholar if we cannot find anything on the databases.

1 comment:

  1. What about Google Earth? and Google Docs? Google videos?
    Please share a little about your difficulty with Google...did yu have a bad experience?

    it really is way more than just a search engine.
    I hope some of the things we do in class will help you be more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete